Retail Advisors are passionate about the Aveda mission, and salon/spa services. They work with a multidisciplinary team of professional service providers to provide exceptional guest experiences in beauty, fashion and wellness. The position ensures guests receive on-time excellent service from their arrival to their departure from the salon/spa, while also driving sales to meet established goals.
- Provide excellent service to guests upon their arrival, and all throughout their time in the salon/spa.
- Consistently perform the Aveda Guest Service Cycle and Aveda 5 Star Guest Experience Routine to ensure guests have an excellent experience from beginning to end.
- Ensure “on-time” service flow through effective utilization of the Salon Biz Appointment Book.
- Provide hair and wellness expertise and excellent service to guests, while achieving established sales goals.
- Ensure each guest is offered a ritual of renewal during every visit, which may include a hand treatment, make-up application and/or neck and shoulder treatment.
- Serve as a role model to service providers and a resource for all, regarding Aveda product knowledge and creating an excellent Aveda service experience.
- Ensure the retail experience center is “guest ready” always, which includes product replenishment, and cleaning as required.
- Participate in monthly inventory counts.
- Present and reinforce a professional appearance always, in accordance with the dress code standards.
- Attend meetings as required, which may involve travel.
- Perform computer related tasks, including data entry into excel
- Answer phones, book appointments, facilitate the role of Guest Reception when not in retail function.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Due to our commitment to the environment, a strong alignment to the Aveda mission is essential.
- One year experience in retail or guest services, cosmetic experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to attend and satisfactorily complete all company education as required.
- Ability to work retail hours including weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
- Computer experience including retail point of sale software.
There is no supervisory responsibility for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is
occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is
performed in a variety of environments. These include but are not limited to driving in the
employee's car and working in various salons or spa environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.